Showing Your Southwest Florida Home For Sale
After we go through the steps to help you sell your Southwest Florida home, the next important step is how your home will look when potential home buyers come to view it.
To help home sellers prepare their homes for a showing, we have created the;
Ten Minute Showing Drill
When you get notified that your home is going to be shown to a potential home buyer, the following is a checklist to make sure your home is at its best:
- Sound: Turn off the television and consider tuning a radio (low volume) to a soft rock, middle of the road or classic music station.
- Sight: Turn on every light and lamp in the home whether day or night. Open every drape or blind (day time only). Show off that new room or upgraded kitchen!
- Odors: To give that freshly baked bread or desert smell, heat some frozen pastry slowly in the oven or heat a pan of water on the stove and drop in a few drops of vanilla.
- Kitchen: Wipe off all kitchen counters and place dirty dishes in dishwasher. Never leave dirty dishes in the sink.
- Bathrooms: Wipe off all counters and flush and close toilets. Make sure toilet bowls are clean and sparkly.
- Living/Family Rooms: Hide all magazines, newspapers, toys and games. Remove all clutter.
- Bedrooms: Make-up the beds. Hide any clutter under bed (not in closet).
- Exterior: Keep the grass mowed and hedges trimmed. Put away any outside toys and clutter. Clean the front door.
- Pets: If possible, pets should removed from the home for home showings.
- Goodbye: This is the single most important thing you can do in a showing to help sell your home! Let potential home buyers view your home without you being present. Potential home buyers need time to look at a home and may feel rushed or uncomfortable if the homeowner is present.
These are just a few ideas to help sell your home. Contact us for more ideas and help in getting your Southwest Florida home sold!